Posted on June 8, 2020
It’s no secret that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms out there today. In June of 2018, Instagram reached one billion monthly active users. With numbers like that, it only makes sense that if you own a business, it needs to be on Instagram.
One of the reasons why you may not have a business account on Instagram is that the accounts are personal by default. That’s why you need to start by first creating an account. Then you can switch it over to a business account.
How Do I Know if I Already Have a Business Account?
Some people may already have an Instagram account and not even know it. Here’s how you can tell:
- Log into your account and tap the three lines in the upper-righthand corner.
- Tap “Settings” at the bottom.
- Next, go to “account” and look at the last option. If you already have a business account, it will say, “switch back to personal account”. If you don’t have a business account, you’ll see the last options as “get more tools”.
- To see if you already have a business account on Instagram, log into your account, tap the three lines in the upper-righthand corner, and then tap “Settings” at the bottom.
- From there, tap “Account” and look at the very last option. If you have a business account, it will say, “Switch Back to Personal Account.” If you don’t have a business account, the last option will be “Get More Tools.”
If it says “get more tools”, then it’s time to switch over to a business account. If not, then you’re all set and ready to roll.
How Do I Switch to an Instagram Account?
If you’re thinking about switching to an Instagram account you should know that your account will be public. If you want a private account, you would need to let your Instagram account remain personal.
Switching to a business account won’t alter the account any other way. It will just give you access to analytics and tools that aren’t available on personal accounts.
If you’re ready to switch over to a business Instagram account, follow these steps from Instagram:
- Go to your profile and tap in the upper right corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Tap Business.
- Add details, like your business category and contact information.
- Tap Done.
You also have the option to connect your business account to a Facebook page associated with your business. This step is not mandatory, but it will make it easier for you to use all of the features available for businesses across the variety of Facebook apps.
When you switch to a business profile, you have the option to show or hide your business category and contact information on your profile. To do so, go to your profile and click edit profile. Then, go to profile display under public business information to choose if you want to hide or display your category label and contact info. Tap Done when you’re finished.
Now, you’re ready to go and reap the rewards of having an Instagram business account.
Benefits of an Instagram Business Account
While having an Instagram account for your business just makes sense, one of the best things is that it’s FREE! You only have to pay if you decide to run ads. Here are some other benefits:
- The ability to promote your posts
- Receive analytics/insights about your posts and audience
- The ability to add call and email CTAs to your profile
- A clickable address in your profile to make it easy for customers to find you
All of these benefits sound great, right? That’s why so many people decide to start an Instagram business account. Switching your personal Instagram account to a business account will help you take your account to the next level.
Whether you are an entrepreneur starting a new home servicing business, or you have an existing website that needs updating, WPdigital can help you.
We specialize in creating attractive, user-friendly, lead generation websites that are optimized for search engines. WPdigital offers an array of affordable service packages, to meet your website needs and to improve your online presence.